Saturday, September 26, 2009

30

I turned 30 this week. 

It was a milestone.

And if this week is any indication, 30 is going to be a great year!

My actual birthday was pretty low-key. Ellie and I spent the day at home. She was great, played nicely, didn't whine. My mom called at 7:35am, like she does every year, my dad called, my best friend Charlotte called, and my brother called, all to wish me a happy birthday! When Leif came home he made me delicious steak for dinner. It was great! Tuesday she was at a friend's house from 9-3, so I hit the town and did some shopping! It was wonderful to have a relaxing day in town! Wednesday was busy, but great! I got everything done that I needed to in a timely manner, and even had time to take Ellie to the park! Thursday I had a brunch at my house, and then yesterday was, perhaps, the greatest day of the week... It started with Bible Study at 6. I love my morning Bible Study!! Then Ellie and I went for a walk (well, I walked, she rode her  bike) around the lake and to the park. We came home and had lunch and then Erika and a babysitter showed up so we could leave Ellie and Zoe with the sitter and Erika and I went scrapbooking at Kristii's! We got home around 5, and at 6 Taylor and Leif threw me a birthday party!

Now, I haven't had a birthday party since, well, since I was in college, I think. Not since my 18th! So this was pretty special... To top it off, I had great friends there, chocolate fondue and cheesecake for dinner (I love it when dinner smells like chocolate!), and I even got gifts! Who knew you still got gifts at a birthday party when you were 30?? I certainly didn't. I got a beautiful watch from my friend Tracee, an amazing beaded garland from Cheryl, and an hour massage gift certificate from Cathy! Sweet!

Today began with my Aerial Dance class. I love it! I am always just plain giddy by the end of class. I didn't think I would get to go today since we have road-trip plans, but I did! Pleasant surprise that was! So after class we hit the road and now I'm enjoying some peace and quiet in a hotel room in Red Lodge while Ellie and Leif enjoy the pool. Tomorrow we head up the Beartooth highway to the pass! It should be beautiful this time of year, and I'm looking forward to it! 

So there you have it... my first week of 30. Pretty crazy great, right?

No comments: