Monday, August 04, 2008

Psalm 55

But as for me, I trust in you.

These are the last words of the Psalm, and words I have found myself saying time and time again as things come up in my life. I have found myself at the crossroads of belief saying, "Either I trust Him, or I don't." And the truth is that I do. I may not understand Him and His ways, but I trust Him.

I am again at those crossroads, and just yesterday I reminded myself that I trust in Him. He knows where I am and He is still leading me. When I become uncertain I think back and remember that it was He who led me here. And I trust Him. So even though I do not like this place, I will serve Him where I am and trust Him to work His will for His glory.

There are lots of other things that struck me in this Psalm, but this is the one that hit home. And so, to quote verse 22, I will...
Cast [my] cares on the Lord and He will sustain [me].

No comments: