Saturday, April 09, 2005

Didactic and Dialectic Teaching Methods

This article on the difference between didactic and dialectic teaching methods is interesting. I moved this year from a lecture style presentation of grammar lessons more to the didactic way of presenting material. I still need plenty of work to make this consistent, but I am pleased that I have seen a shift and progression from last year to this, and even from last semester to the present. I do not have the dialectic teaching down well at all. I need to work on this. I think this method would be extremely beneficial in the presentation and analysis of primary sources. The article presents the didactic method in a much clearer way than the dialectic, but does make it clear that they are both necessary and complimentary.

No comments: