Friday, April 24, 2009

Galatians 3 and Romans 4

This morning I am reading Galatians 3 and Romans 4.

I am mostly reading this because my Bible study book has not arrived yet. Yes, I ordered it almost a month ago. Yes, I finally received notice on April 22 that they shipped it. Media mail. It could take up to 4 weeks for it to arrive. Still. *sigh* I really thought I was doing the right thing by ordering it through LifeWay instead of through Amazon. I probably won't do that again.

So... Galatians 3. Wow. That's a pretty powerful chapter! I know that I've read it before, but here's what struck me this morning:

"Did you receive the Spirit by observing the law, or by believing what you heard? Are you so foolish? After beginning with the Spirit, are you now trying to attain your goal by human effort?"

If this were a comic  book, there would be a giant ***POW!!*** over my head. That's pretty much how that hit me. There are some things I've been trying to do in my own strength, that I do not have the strength to do. I have been teaching Ellie that we are weak and He is strong, so why am I not acting on that faith? Why am I trying to do it by myself? Am I so foolish?

Lord, please give me the faith to believe, to be fully persuaded (Romans 4:21) that you have the power to do what you have promised. Amen.

No comments: