Friday, April 10, 2009

Still no book...

I still don't have a book for Bible Study on Friday mornings. I ordered it last Thursday, and it still hasn't arrived. Sadly, Beth and I ordered our books together so her's isn't here, either! They will probably arrive while I am in TX, so I asked Leif to take her book over to her when it arrives. In the meantime, though, I still don't have a book. So I'll try to remember what we talked about today, but I don't have a way to reference it, so I'll be brief...

Today we talked about Pleasing God. We focused primarily on Paul, and his life after the transformation on the road to Damascus. This lesson struck the same nerve that has been plucked quite a few times this year for me, and I think perhaps God is teaching me something. =D

It's not about me.

That seems to be the resounding theme in my life this year. It's not about me. It's about Him and His glory. But it's not about me. It comes up in my relationships, in my Bible Studies, in my parenting, in Mary Kay... and guess what? It's (I think!) starting to sink in that this life I live is not about ME!

Now, I've "known" this for a while. But the knowledge is starting to make its way through my mind and into my actions. The knowledge is starting to affect what I do. And I am seeing myself change, which is pretty neat. A few years ago I read a book called "It's Not About Me" by Max Lucado. Can you guess what it's about? =D This is the book that planted the seed that started to grow and now, through the work of the Holy Spirit in my mind and life, is beginning to sprout leaves! If you've not read it, DO. It's an easy read, not too long, but it is packed with truth. It really has changed my life, and I don't say that about many things.

So today in Bible Study I was reminded once again that it is not about me. None of it. It is about Him and His glory. And knowing that makes me want to know more about Him and His glory. So hopefully my book will arrive soon, because studying and spending time in the Word is one of the best ways to get to know more about Him!

No comments: